Every year, millions of people purchase timeshare vacation programs and for most of those owners having a timeshare can add tremendous value to their quality of life because of the combination of vacationing on a budget while staying at beautiful resorts. For many owners, they are incredibly happy with their decision to purchase a timeshare and take their family on vacations that they otherwise may not have been able to take.
However, as great of a program as timeshares can be for vacationing, the industry is not without its shortcomings. Like in any industry, the timeshare industry has customers that are unhappy with their purchase. For some of these customers, they have an even bigger problem than just being unhappy. For some, they feel they were outright lied to or misrepresented into making a purchase or an upgrade. Now they are left with only questions as to where to turn for help.
At Timeshare Legal, we hear from timeshare owners every day who have been victims of timeshare fraud and are now stuck with the unwanted financial burden from that timeshare purchase. Although we specialize in assisting timeshare owners cancel their timeshare’s that were purchased based on misrepresentations, we still encourage them to research their options when choosing a timeshare cancellation company to work with. The process may seem overwhelming at first but finding a timeshare cancellation company doesn’t have to be difficult.
Christian Highlander, CEO of Timeshare Legal, understands the position many timeshare owners find themselves in and offers this piece of advice when choosing a company to help you:
“It’s always important to do your research. Ultimately, the most important part of choosing a timeshare cancellation company is feeling comfortable with who you choose to help you.” Christian Highlander, CEO
Read below for Christian Highlander’s questions to ask before choosing a timeshare cancellation company:
- What is the company’s rating with the
Better Business Bureau?
- Check for complaints: Remember, most businesses have complaints. If the company you’re considering has complaints, check to see if they settled the complaint to the customer’s satisfaction. If they did not settle the complaint to the customer’s satisfaction, then there may be a red flag.
- How long has the company been in
- Most business fail within the first three years of opening. The timeshare cancellation industry is no exception to that rule. When you’re looking to choose your timeshare cancellation company, a company that has been in business for more than three years shows stability and is usually a good choice.
- Does the company have a permanent and
- Two of the biggest red flags with
unscrupulous companies are:
- Virtual Office – Legitimate companies normally have permanent locations. Scam companies are known for renting out virtual offices because they can move out at any time without penalty.
- PO Box: – RED FLAG: If a company’s only address is a PO box, chances are they do not have a physical location that they are operating from and are not a legitimate company.
- Two of the biggest red flags with unscrupulous companies are:
- Does the company have experience with
the timeshare resort you are looking to cancel?
- Make sure the company you are looking to hire has experience cancelling the timeshare resort you want help with. Ask for references and examples.
the company offer a guarantee?
- A reputable company should offer you a 100% money-back guarantee. If they don’t, keep searching until you find a company that does.
is the company’s success rate?
- You should absolutely check the company’s success rate with cancelling your particular resort. If they have a poor success rate, proceed with caution.
Remember, these questions are just general guidelines to help you make your decision. Ultimately, let your comfort level be your guide.
Why Timeshare Legal?
- A +
rating with the New Jersey Better Business Bureau
- 100 % money back guarantee
- Over $250 million in cancelled timeshare debt since 2009
- In accordance with all federal, state and local laws
Timeshare Legal’s experienced staff is ready to consult with timeshare owners who feel they have been misrepresented into making a purchase.
For a free consultation: Call 1-888-247-5664
Find out more at the company’s website: www.timesharelegal.com